Purpose of the Role: We are seeking a devoted and empathetic Per Diem Paramedic committed to delivering high-quality emergency medical services and patient care with professionalism and compassion.
- Emergency Response and Patient Care:
- Evaluate each call to identify the most suitable course of action and protocol.
- Utilize essential medical equipment and procedures to provide premier paramedic-level medical care.
- Develop and apply triage skills for optimal efficiency during calls.
- Deliver patient care in accordance with clinical protocols and safety guidelines.
- Coordinate with receiving facilities for medical guidance and relay critical patient information.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Provide information and reassurance to patients and their families, demonstrating empathy and care.
- Act as a scene leader when necessary, managing emergency situations effectively.
- Collaborate professionally with allied health and public safety personnel to guarantee excellent patient care and customer service.
- Operational Duties:
- Drive the ambulance, providing map reading support to reduce response times.
- Maintain the cleanliness and stocking of the ambulance for optimal call response.
- Thoroughly document activities related to patient care and billing for accurate record-keeping.
- Adhere to company policies regarding response times and hospital turnaround times.
- Quality Assurance:
- Stay current with all required certifications.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including those regarding information systems security.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned station.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Ability to pass a Physical Agility Test and Medical Exam.
- Good physical stamina and endurance, capable of frequently standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and balancing.
- Ability to lift, drag, hoist, and carry equipment and other objects.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a 911 EMS system.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Additional education is a plus.
- Current State of Connecticut EMT-P License.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS/CPR), ACLS, and PALS certifications.
- Clean driving record.
All Applicants Must Successfully Complete a Greenwich EMS Protocol Exam (Adult / Pediatric)
If you’re dedicated to helping others in their critical moments, apply today to join our team!